|KCGM's closeness to the city offers unique opportunities as well as unique challenges and while maintaining economic viability is vital, our operations need the support of the Community to reach full potential.
We are proud to be part of the Kalgoorlie-Boulder community and our Community Relations Policy neatly sums up our commitments:
CONSIDER, COMMUNICATE, CONTRIBUTE!
We are committed to continual improvement of our Community Relations effort under these guiding Principles, and the relevant policies of our Joint Venture owners.
- Consider all cultural, social and heritage issues when planning any activity.
- Consider buying local first.
- Commit to employing local residents or those people willing to relocate to the Goldfields for employment.
- Communicate openly & effectively with both employees and the community
- Listen to the community about its concerns and expectations, and act upon this information to continually improve our operations.
- Positively contribute to the community through local sponsorship, support and participation.
- Encourage employees, through training and resources, to improve community relations.